What happened in West Virginia? Let's talk about the results.
8 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Today Mitt Romney went into West Virginia with a garranteed win. West Virginia's election is different in that precincts elect delegates which then go to the convention held today to vote for their candidate.
After the first round of delegates voted Romney had a significant lead, with nearly 50% of the vote, Huckabee second and McCain a distant third. In the second round delegates are allowed to switch their vote based on the first's results.
So, in the second round all of the McCain delegates jumped ship and voted for Huckabee, cheating Romney out of a win. It was a low blow to say the least. The convention ended with 52% Huckabee, 47% Romney.
I took Grandma to vote about 5:30--the line was incredible! There's no way she could do it, so I took her to the head of the line and explained that she was nearly 90 and couldn't stand in line. They let her vote and we went home. I went back at 5 to 9 and hoped the line would be shorter. It was--I only had to stand in line for 1 1/2hrs.! All for that little button that said "I voted," to vote for the man I knew would win Utah. In other words--my vote made no difference. So why did I do it? Partly because of the little boy who was watching. And partly because . . . somehow in some mystical sort of way, I wanted Mitt to know that I was behind him. And apparently a lot of people felt that way since the turnout was HUGE, and he won big-time in Utah.
Unfortunately, it looks to me like the race is over, and Hillary & Obama have won. They will team up (regardless of who takes the top spot), McCain will get the republican nomination, and there's no way that he will win the White House. And maybe it doesn't matter anyway, since he is a republican in name only (i.e. he is very liberal).
I am saddened to think that the nation was presented with a moral and capable man, and because of fear and prejudice, chose a lesser candidate. And so we will have a politically correct, very liberal, presidency. What will the next four years bring? I fear a little for our nation. Let's hope for good health among our Supreme Court Justices!
Amen Mom - what is going to happen to our country? And - Way to vote!
I still think that Mitt can do it. Maybe I'm a silly, unrealistic dreamer - but I'm still holding on to hope - even if its foolish hope. If anybody can, he can. Eric was saying yesterday that he thinks Mitt can do better and get some good campaigning in now that the states are coming one at a time. Hopefully.
And I just need to rant for a second, so bear with me... I am getting really wrapped up in this - look what Eric has done - here it is midnight and what am I doing? Sitting up reading news articles about the race and about evil McCain and Huckabee. Then I was so mad that I went to the Mitt Romney website to watch his ads. By the way, there is a really funny new one comparing McCain and Clinton - hehehe - everyone should go watch it. Anyways, the artcles said that Huckabee and McCain were both sidestepping questions about whether Huckabee might be McEvil's vice president. Can people not see through these guys???? Huckabee is just being McCain's stupid little monkey and pandering for him. Can people not see through all the garbage to see that McCain is a flaming liberal?? Can people really not be raising red flags in their minds because McStupid went $5 million IN DEBT to fund his campaign??? Do we really we want that kind of idiot leading our nation? Do we want that kind of a start to his presidency??? GGGGGGRRRRRRRR! Wake up people! (Sorry, I have rage.) I'm pretty sure that McCain has paid off a bunch of people - media, voters, etc. That is the only way this stuff is being accomplished.
Maybe part of this rage is because I just came from American Heritage and I have an interesting perspective and am seeing how far off track our nation is getting in so many ways....Sheesh. That is a good class.
Does anyone want to buy some land with me, call it a city, and make Mitt Romney the president of it? Let me know.... I'll get working on that.
Grrrrrrrrr.....
Okay, thanks for letting me rant. I feel slightly better.
i was also very, very sad that romney didn't do very well on super tuesday. especially when i heard about mccain and huckabee's secret combination.
i'm going to have a very hard time wanting to vote for mccain (seeing as how he's probably going to win the republican nomination) because i hate hate hate double hate loath entirely that man. about as much as i hate hillary. so if obama wins the nomination, i may become a democrat. at least he seems to have a soul.apparantly i'm an obama lover after all.
if hillary and obama team up, i'm moving to brazil.
This blog is not meant to be a factual source of political news. This is meant as a family and friends discussion board, and visitors frankly are unwelcome.
8 comments:
Today Mitt Romney went into West Virginia with a garranteed win. West Virginia's election is different in that precincts elect delegates which then go to the convention held today to vote for their candidate.
After the first round of delegates voted Romney had a significant lead, with nearly 50% of the vote, Huckabee second and McCain a distant third. In the second round delegates are allowed to switch their vote based on the first's results.
So, in the second round all of the McCain delegates jumped ship and voted for Huckabee, cheating Romney out of a win. It was a low blow to say the least. The convention ended with 52% Huckabee, 47% Romney.
Georgia's results should start coming in after 3.
Why so much Romney hatred? It doesn't make sense to me.
By the way, has everybody voted? I'm going tonight.
I took Grandma to vote about 5:30--the line was incredible! There's no way she could do it, so I took her to the head of the line and explained that she was nearly 90 and couldn't stand in line. They let her vote and we went home. I went back at 5 to 9 and hoped the line would be shorter. It was--I only had to stand in line for 1 1/2hrs.! All for that little button that said "I voted," to vote for the man I knew would win Utah. In other words--my vote made no difference. So why did I do it? Partly because of the little boy who was watching. And partly because . . . somehow in some mystical sort of way, I wanted Mitt to know that I was behind him. And apparently a lot of people felt that way since the turnout was HUGE, and he won big-time in Utah.
Unfortunately, it looks to me like the race is over, and Hillary & Obama have won. They will team up (regardless of who takes the top spot), McCain will get the republican nomination, and there's no way that he will win the White House. And maybe it doesn't matter anyway, since he is a republican in name only (i.e. he is very liberal).
I am saddened to think that the nation was presented with a moral and capable man, and because of fear and prejudice, chose a lesser candidate. And so we will have a politically correct, very liberal, presidency. What will the next four years bring? I fear a little for our nation. Let's hope for good health among our Supreme Court Justices!
Amen Mom - what is going to happen to our country? And - Way to vote!
I still think that Mitt can do it. Maybe I'm a silly, unrealistic dreamer - but I'm still holding on to hope - even if its foolish hope. If anybody can, he can. Eric was saying yesterday that he thinks Mitt can do better and get some good campaigning in now that the states are coming one at a time. Hopefully.
And I just need to rant for a second, so bear with me... I am getting really wrapped up in this - look what Eric has done - here it is midnight and what am I doing? Sitting up reading news articles about the race and about evil McCain and Huckabee. Then I was so mad that I went to the Mitt Romney website to watch his ads. By the way, there is a really funny new one comparing McCain and Clinton - hehehe - everyone should go watch it. Anyways, the artcles said that Huckabee and McCain were both sidestepping questions about whether Huckabee might be McEvil's vice president. Can people not see through these guys???? Huckabee is just being McCain's stupid little monkey and pandering for him. Can people not see through all the garbage to see that McCain is a flaming liberal?? Can people really not be raising red flags in their minds because McStupid went $5 million IN DEBT to fund his campaign??? Do we really we want that kind of idiot leading our nation? Do we want that kind of a start to his presidency??? GGGGGGRRRRRRRR! Wake up people! (Sorry, I have rage.) I'm pretty sure that McCain has paid off a bunch of people - media, voters, etc. That is the only way this stuff is being accomplished.
Maybe part of this rage is because I just came from American Heritage and I have an interesting perspective and am seeing how far off track our nation is getting in so many ways....Sheesh. That is a good class.
Does anyone want to buy some land with me, call it a city, and make Mitt Romney the president of it? Let me know.... I'll get working on that.
Grrrrrrrrr.....
Okay, thanks for letting me rant. I feel slightly better.
i was also very, very sad that romney didn't do very well on super tuesday. especially when i heard about mccain and huckabee's secret combination.
i'm going to have a very hard time wanting to vote for mccain (seeing as how he's probably going to win the republican nomination) because i hate hate hate double hate loath entirely that man. about as much as i hate hillary. so if obama wins the nomination, i may become a democrat. at least he seems to have a soul.apparantly i'm an obama lover after all.
if hillary and obama team up, i'm moving to brazil.
Don't do it Chris! Let's discuss the future in the post "What Now?"
Briana, please include me in your city.
Good Babe! I was hoping you would want to be there! ;)
Post a Comment