Friday, January 25, 2008

Obama's Appeal to Nicole and Others (Christy?)

Why do so many people like Obama? Especially young people?

11 comments:

Christy said...

why do you think i am an obama lover? because i asked a question about him????

interesting.

i don't know about you, but i love chelsea's mamma the most.

and nicole? as in my nicole?

i am confused.

the end.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I caught you. Does or does not nicole like Obama?

Christy said...

she likes him more than some candidates... but why exactly is she included on this blog?

Anonymous said...

I just thought that might be some of the source of your Obama interest.

That is okay. Anyone can think however they want. I have been partial to him myself. He won big last night in South Carolina. Their race is interesting to watch.

I really dislike Clinton. I think she is a snake. I listen to her, and it seems like she doesn't believe anything she says. It is scary to me.

Christy said...

yes, nicole is one reason for my interest in obama. another reason for my interest stems from some other people i know (not in our family) who are blatantly racist and tell me CRAZY things about him (he's in a church that hates america, the pledge thing, etc.) whenever i see them. as you know from recent experience (ha ha) when someone makes something out to be black and white, i like to look at the other side. i have a hard time believing things are so simple and/or people are pure evil/good (except for people like pres. hinckley obviously--he's pure goodness-- just see my blog :)

ANYWAY i'll stop talking about why i asked a question about obama because i'm pretty sure we both feel the same way about him... better than hillary, but not as awesome as MITT!!

i love you even though we sometimes disagree!

Anonymous said...

You know, I agree with you, Christy. I honestly believe that most people are sincere. We just look at things very differently. Maybe if we were wearing their glasses, we'd see the same things they see.

Anonymous said...

With some people's glasses you might stub your toe a lot.

Anonymous said...

Chris, what have you seen about the church thing? I supposedly went to his church's website and it looked like it was.. umm.. a little weird. Looked like a black only church for one. I think most other churches are weird though, but I would have a hard time with a non-prophetic church only allowing blacks to attend. Let me re-phrase that. I think it is fine they exist, and absolutely their right, but I would think twice before voting for one of them.

I think I just understood better some people's view of our church and the priesthood issue. Lack of information can be destructive.

Anonymous said...

You know, Eric, that's exactly what I thought. I've heard a bit (very little bit, just references) to his church and have had a question mark in my head. And then I've thought of the press Romney's been getting--so I don't think I'll go there :)

Christy said...

we went to a website that supposedly tells you if something you've read is true or not (i don't remember which site... like snopes.com or something) and it said that was NOT true about his church... good point about what the press says about our church. you can't trust them by golly.

Anonymous said...

Anyone know what Obama's stance is on social issues? Also his record would be nice to know.